The first month was Lisa's. She chose the Japanese x and + block with a scrappy look, but with the colours more organized. I already loved this block and had been in two block swaps using it.
Here are my blocks:
This is the quilt Lisa made. Cute!!!
June was Sam's month. She chose the Union Jack Block. She asked for a Laura Ashley look to the block.
I was a bit worried, since my stash is mainly novelty prints or bold, or both together! I dug deep.
I love this! Now I was really getting into it. Here is my second block:
Here is a pic of Sam's blocks. Won't it make a fantastic quilt?
This month is Linda's turn. She chose Anna Maria Horner's feather block.
This pattern uses templates which I find challenging, but Linda has posted some useful suggestions on her blog.
My first attempt came out beautifully and I was happy until I discovered that the measurements were not right, too small. Further inquiry showed a tiny box on the "Print" page that says "fit to page". In my excitement to start, I hadn't noticed it defaults to checked. Curses. I still love it though, so it will probably go on the back of another quilt.
Now I was wary about the printing, so I set it all up again, and here is my first successful feather:
Success! On to the next block:
And here they are together with their reject cousin:
August is my month in the bee, more about that in another post.
Till next time,