Friday, July 25, 2014

Zigzag finish

It's such a happy feeling to have a quilt finished quickly. Well, quickly for me... I won two jelly rolls of Kaffe Fassett fabrics at a retreat last summer. So it was made in less than a year, with long periods when it languished as a WIP!




The fabrics are so bright and busy. After lots of thought I used a pattern from the Moda Bake Shop called Little Rays of Sunshine. I think it suits the fabrics without making them overwhelming.



The backing is from stash, I had been looking for a good use for it, I like the colours and the floral design. I would prefer the background ivory instead of white, but overall I'm happy with it.

The binding is scrappy from the left over jelly roll strips. I did my usual 2 1/4 inch cut, and sewed to the back first and then the front. Doing it that way is tidy and almost foolproof, and can be done on a huuuge quilt in just 2 hours. The quilt measures 100 x 104, so I broke my own rule and took it to be longarmed. The quilting is in ivory thread, an all over interlocking rectangles type design. I think it is really successful.

Yay! I love it!!

Linking to:
Finish it up Friday at crazy mom quilts
TGIFF @ Quokka Quilts
Link a Finish Friday @ Richard and Tanya Quilts

9 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!! I love the bright, cheerful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really really great - well done! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they were ... maturing .. not languishing xx lol x looks wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so good-looking! The bright colors really make it sing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that is stunning! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic way to use those fabrics. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! It feels really bright and summery!

      Delete
  8. Great colors makes really cheerful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you. Really!