I've been productive with my sewing, and I have something to show at last.
Shooting star is quilted and being bound. The label is on, it's nearly ready to go to its new home. I echo quilted all the large and medium stars, then I got out the FMQ foot and outlined all the small stars and quilted in the middles of all the stars. Lots of sewing, I like how it looks. The binding was in my stash, and the colour is just what I want. I wish the dots were smaller, but I decided to overlook that complaint.
I've been following Christmas in July on Elizabeth's blog at Don't Call Me Betsy. Sadly it's finished now, well, July is over. There were lots of great projects, and I was inspired to try Elizabeth's Mariner's Star Pillow. It's paper pieced, and I got the scaling wrong on my printer, so the star is larger, but I can deal with that. Here it is, ready to be quilted. I'm a paper piecing newbie, and there was a lot of ripping and re-sewing but it worked out in the end.
While I was away in England I met a very nice lady who was very helpful to me with the family stuff. I want to send her a gift, so I made placemats and a table runner. They are quilted and ready for binding.
And my Neapolitan quilt is ready to go to the longarmer for basting. The backing had to be 101" by 114" to allow for the machine. 81/2 yards of fabric!
I'm thinking of straight line quilting it, but not on the diagonal like the placemats.
Linking up to