The first one is finished, and I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out. I used Kristy Daum's tutorial for Modern D9P, found here . I did as Kristy suggests, and played with fabrics and layouts to make it "mine".
Instead of a single white background, I used lots of different white on whites and a few other low volumes. I like the effect. I also increased the number of background squares to give it more negative space.
The backing is white Minky, and the binding is a narrow stripe in navy blue, just right for a little boy I hope!
The quilting is freehand Baptist fans. I love the effect, and I really enjoyed doing the quilting.
This was a quick and fun baby quilt to make.