Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Crafting

I thought I would share my recent Christmas projects with you. Christmas is so rapidly approaching, so I was glad that I joined the Advent Calendar Quilt Along at Better Off Thread. There is a link up with pics of finished calendars here . They all looked so pretty!

Here's a picture of mine, now in use. Since it's intended for a baby this year, it was hard to find things that were small enough, but still suitable for an 8 month old. This will be much easier in years to come!


  

The same baby also needed a Christmas stocking. I used a tutorial on Sew Like My Mom and made the fabric for front and back from 2 1/2 inch squares. It is not quite finished - I still need to embroider the name on the cuff.





Then I thought I would make a Christmas pillowcase for each of my GDs. Well, they are winter themed really, so they will get more use out of them. The fabric line is Brr by Laurie Wisbrun. I have quite a bit in my stash, so it was finally time to cut into it!






I've still got a few more small sewing gifts to make, and then I'll start baking. Are you making some things for Christmas?

Till next time,

Sue

Linking to:


Kitchen Table Art

5 comments:

  1. I am sure that "they" move Christmas forward each year so that it gets earlier and earlier!! you seem to be ahead of the game this time though xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore that stocking!!! So cute! That Brr line is one of my favorites. The advent calendar is fun too. What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why, but I totally forgot that I had planned on making each of the grandchildren a stocking this year! ggrrrrr It's too late now and I only have a couple of fabrics that are Christmas in my stash right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your advent calendar looks awesome!!! I have mine cut but haven't sewn it together lol might have to save it for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute projects and love the little polar bears on the stocking!! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you. Really!