I started the quilt in January, blogged here. I experienced the usual snags while making it, including sewing in a row backwards and not even noticing! The picture of what went wrong is here .
The quilt was finished in March, blogged here . There are closeups of the quilting. I'm quite proud of the leafy vine I did along the zigzag. It turned out well, but not overwhelming.
When I delivered it to its new home I took pictures of it with Vancouver Island backgrounds.
I love looking at this quilt! There are about 30 low volume prints in the background, and each one became a favourite! It was definitely worth all the planning!
size after washing - 92" x 100"
binding - wonky black and white stripe from stash
backing - Ikea