Sunday, July 5, 2015

Super sized!

You probably think I've sold my sewing machine and taken up scrapbooking.

I've been sewing, and just to prove it, here is my latest finish. It's called Double Crossed 2, how's that for an imaginative name?! I was so happy with my first quilt using this pattern. Here is its picture:






Sadly this queen size quilt didn't fit DD#1's king size bed. So I decided to change the colours and make another. I delivered it today!



Here is a closer look at some of the fabrics I used:

I based the colours on a Joel Dewberry print. Some of my favourites were by Zen Chic. The sashing is a handwriting print by Jennifer Sampou from the line Color Full. I used quite a few fabrics from that line. The backing is an Art Gallery print called Luxe in Bloom, wild and colourful!
The binding is grey and white Doe.



I wasn't so sure about my colours, but now it's finished and I've seen it on the bed, I'm very happy! I quilted it myself on the rental longarm. I'm getting better at that with practice.




I've been busy with other sewing too. More about that next time!


Sue

Linking to:

a week of finishes @ from blank pages

8 comments:

  1. These are both so beautiful!!! That would be fun to rent a long arm!!! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so beautiful!!! That would be fun to rent a long arm!!! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. GOODNESS! Yes, you certainly have been busy. Both of these quilts are gorgeous and I love seeing them in the different colourways. Congrats on the lovely finishes, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors on Double Crossed 2! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best household services from cleaning to homes, apartments and villas, cleaning boards and carpets in Dammam and Al-Khobar and Qatif There is also a special section for sanitation work and sewage drainage in Dammam and Qatif and Al-Khobar with the solution in the best ideal way and isolation of surfaces and tanks and detection of water leaks and pest control and spraying pesticides in Dammam and Khobar and Qatif and all cities in the eastern region.


    شركة تنظيف فلل شقق مجالس سجاد بالدمام والخبر
    شركة تسليك مجاري بالقطيف وشفط بيارات
    شركة تنظيف ببقيق
    شركة تسليك مجاري بالدمام والخبر

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both so beautiful.
    The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share

    clipping path

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you. Really!