Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Swooning and Stars

Welcome to WIP Wednesday!

We've just come out of a week of really cold freezing weather, even the dogs didn't want to go out. So I stayed in and sewed. See, there is a silver lining!

I got a request for a laptop sleeve, so I made my first one. It was fun!
The pattern is from Ali Foster, she does such great bags, and the patterns are super easy to follow.
Here's my sleeve:



The new owner sells real estate, so I thought the shark was appropriate. I won't tell if you don't!

I've been working away at my Swoon blocks.

Here are my latest two:



They are both big, 22 1/2 inches. I'm nearly finished another 3 in the medium size and then I'm going to start QAYG and see how they all fit together.

I'm also working on my Oh My Stars quiltalong. It certainly keeps you moving when you don't want to fall behind! Since my last post I caught up with the little stars and made 2 more large and 4 more medium stars. Here we are so far:



This isn't the layout, I'm just putting them up as I do them, but I'm happy with how it's shaping.
There's already another star to make, so I'm behind again, but in a manageable way!

How was your week? Actually this post covers two weeks, and I'm happy with the progress!

Linking to

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Till next time, have a good week sewing!

Sue

6 comments:

  1. All your blocks look wonderful. And I just had to burst out laughing with the shark comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I love EVERYTHING you're working on. Those Swoon blocks are awesome, and I'm going to have to check out this Oh My Start QAL, because that quilt looking so cool! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your swoon blocks and your star quilt along! I'm going to have to join both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your piecing is just spectacular!! And I love your choice of colours for your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love your orange swoon block. I am enjoying watching everyone in this swoonalong, but I think this is my favorite block so far! Fun to meet you via WiP!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you. Really!