I had enthusiasm and determination, and before long I had cut a huge stack of triangles in my chosen fabrics. All was going really well. Then I started putting the triangles together, and oh, the disappointment! The pics of everyone else's triangles looked wonderful, but not mine. It was too late to scrap it all, so I added some lights and carried on.
Now the question of size came up, and since I am always afraid my quilts might be too small, I added triangles and rows and carried on.
Meanwhile those keeners in the QAL had their quilts sandwiched, quilted and bound by April 25th.
What do you mean it's June already? I finished at the end of May I'll have you know. A month behind, late to the party as usual. I feel like those sad runners who finish a week after everyone else, and looking like death. Never mind that if it was me they'd be tripping over my body. I digress...
I also had to make life difficult by binding the angles on the sides. Honestly, I wonder sometimes. Fortunately Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilts posted a tutorial, and it went as planned. Yay!
As you can see it is straight line quilted on all sides of the triangles. That's a lot of stitching!
I'm happy with my finish, and it is taking up a home on my couch instead of being given away like most of my quilts. The colours and fabrics make me happy!
size: 68" x 87"
fabrics: Seaside Cottage, Bluebird Park, Architextures, Secret Garden, Prince Charming, Brr, and some Kona Solids
Binding: Kona Steel
Till next time,