Friday, July 15, 2011

I Spy more blocks!

There are several quilts lurking in the back of my mind waiting for fabric and/or time . I'm working out the form for my I Spy quilt to take. Shall it be formal (diamonds. or disappearing nine patch) or shall it be a mystery even to me? I'm waiting for the squares from two exchanges which brings me up to about 500 squares, give or take.  While waiting I bought a few more fabrics at my LQS- and favourite QS- and I'll take a square out of each one. There's sure to be another exchange in my future for the rest of each piece.





Just look at this fabric! Isn't it great?!!! It's called Parrots of the Caribbean, and it makes me laugh every time I look at it! Those parrots are modelling themselves on Johnny Depp!! I bought a piece of two of the fabrics in the line. To do it justice the square has to be larger than the 4" that many of the other fabrics are cut into. Well, I'll just work it out. Maybe the by-the-seat-of-my-pants format for this quilt will be best after all!



On another subject, don't you just love Kate Spain's designs?  She's so original! One of my WIPs is using Central Park. She has a Christmas line of fabrics called Flurry that I really like. Sometimes I'm not sure about Christmas fabrics, they can so easily look either overdone or old fashioned. Do you feel that? No such problem with Flurry. Melissa is having a giveaway of Flurry, 28 fat quarters and a panel, unbelievable! Check it out on her blog at Happy Quilting


Till next time

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you. Really!