Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Come back, October!

I'm seriously not ready for winter. There was a dusting of wet snow when I woke up yesterday. Soon gone, but a clear message of what's to come! Still, lots of long sewing nights, that's a positive!

I've got no finishes to report, but I'm getting close with my I Spy quilt. I decided to FMQ each block slightly differently, good practice, and it's not so boring. There are 42 blocks! I'm about half way to finished, if I can just stay motivated! I was afraid that the quilting would overpower the pictures on the squares, but it doesn't seem to, and anyway, I'm not taking it all out!

Here's a picture of one finished block

and here's another



  I hope to get this quilt finished before my Sophie fabric arrives and I get excited to start my MIL's lap quilt. Like most, I love starting quilts with new colorful fabric, but it's hard to finish them!

Linking to Fresh Sewing Day and Small Blog Meet at Lily's Quilts.  So many great projects to be inspired by!

Fresh Sewing Day





Till next time,

Sue

2 comments:

  1. Complete opposite for me. After record breaking heat waves in Texas, I say bring on the winter!! I love this small blog meet, I have found a ton of new blogs to follow already. It's so fun to see what everyone is working on. So much creativity. I look forward to see what you do and would love for you to stop by my blog as well. Have a great day! January T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you. Really!