Saturday, February 2, 2013

Diaper bag finish

I'm so excited to have another finish, smaller than a quilt, but very satisfying!

Last year I made a diaper bag for my niece, and blogged about it here.

My DD asked for one this year, so we shopped for fabric together, and eventually found the perfect cotton print on Spoonflower. She wanted the same pattern as the previous bag, from a tutorial found on the Warehouse Fabrics blog.

It doesn't take too long to make a bag. The most trouble I had was getting the fusible fleece to stick. I had quite a time with that, and not a few bad words! The rest is just a case of following instructions and not rushing the steps in the process.

Here is the finished product:


Diaper bag


As you can tell, we have a small obsession with our Boston Terrier!

Here's the inside:


Diaper bag interior showing divider and pockets

There's a center divider, pockets on both sides, and pockets at both ends. Some have elastic to hold things like bottles.

There's lots of room in there for stuff you might need to carry!

I used a yard of black home decorator weight fabric, a yard each of the two cotton prints, and two different kinds of fusible interfacing.

And best of all, my DD loves it!

Till next time,

Sue

Linking to:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed looking through your blog, and seeing some of the great projects you've been working on! I especially like the rearrangement you've done with your Hunter Star blocks; so dynamic! And your stars for last quarter's 3x6 bee are very impressive. I am enamored of the HP shelf, too, but I don't think I'll be tackling that one, too much paper piecing for me!
    I'm looking forward to sewing together in this quarter of the 3x6 bee, and getting to know you a bit! Linda, aka lkhomework on Flickr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, love it! What a fun project, you're all set now, time for the baby to arrive! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on the bag. The fabric is SO cute. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is really lovely and stylish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you. Really!